Stainless steel coffee pots are one of the most common coffee pots. If you are also using the same to satisfy your coffee cravings, it is very important for you to know how to clean a stainless steel coffee pot. In order to ensure a rich taste for your coffee, make sure that your coffee pot is thoroughly cleaned.
What is more, you must check the instruction manual regarding the maintenance of the coffee pot before you go ahead with a specific method to clean the pot. Every coffee machine comes with an instruction manual that explains the procedure of operation and things associated with the maintenance of the machine and the pot. Let me give you a brief insight into some of the effective methods to clean the stainless steel coffee pot.
The Most Common Method On How To Clean Stainless Steel Coffee Pot
Let’s start with the most common method in this regard. This method includes the following steps.
- Wash with warm soapy water
- Rinse the pot. You should rinse all parts of the coffee pot thoroughly.
- Dry the pot using a lint-free towel.
Some Do’s And Don’ts
- You can use a soap-filled steel wool pad to remove hard water deposits. Alternatively, you can dissolve 1-2 tablespoons cream of tartar in water in order to rinse the stainless steel pot thoroughly.
- You should not use alkalis, such as chlorine bleach or baking soda.
- In order to remove stubborn stains, you are recommended to use a commercial coffeepot cleaner.
- If the stainless steel coffee pot is attached to an electric drip coffeemaker machine, you need better methods to remove the minerals and scale build-up from hard water. The best method is to use a solution of half water and half white vinegar.
- If the build-up is heavy, you may need to run a heated solution through the unit, that too, many times. However, regular cleaning will not put you in such difficult situations.
- Once you are through, you are recommended to use plain cold water through a cycle so that all traces are removed.
How To Clean Stainless Steel Coffee Pot Video: